SEO is difficult. Most new bloggers think that. And they never start learning SEO. That’s why I collected some awesome SEO quotes to inspire you. To tell you it’s not that hard.The Best SEO Quotes & Tips For New Bloggers To Start Learning SEO (2021) Click To Tweet
These SEO marketing quotes are also great tips from experts.
So today, you will not only be inspired to start learning SEO but also learn it and discover great bloggers to follow.
SOUND GOOD? SAVE THIS POST!
Let’s dive in.
7 Best SEO Quotes That Will Make You Learn SEO
I’ve compiled these SEO quotes from various sources like Goodreads and more.
“SEO is only not seen as rocket science by those who know it.” – Danny Sullivan
If it’s for you then I am sorry to say that but you have been avoiding learning it.
And you haven’t tried it.
The truth is, if you don’t try anything, it’s rocket science.
When I started learning SEO I felt the same. For more than 6 months, I ignored it.
But because of the accidental ranking of one of my blog posts, I dedicated myself to learning it.
And here I am, still learning and loving the process.
Trust me on this, just get started. You will see some results to keep you going.
Here’s how to get started.
- Find 5 best blogs to learn SEO. For me they are
- Read their articles. Mostly all of those related to SEO.
- Compile tips and techniques.
- Apply them to your site.
- Keep learning and discovering more sites.
“The best place to hide a dead body is page two of Google.” — Unknown
Why? Because nobody goes to page 2.
If your posts are lagging on page 2 and beyond its time you start optimizing them to move to page 1.
Because on page 2, you won’t get any traffic.
So how do you optimize your blog post?
Here are some things that I do to move my post’s rankings.
- Update old information – I will make my post more detailed. Not to forget, remove outdated information.
- Add more visuals – I’ll create new images to add to my blog post.
- Add internal links – I’ll add more links to the old pages to this post and also add the new link to some old pages.
- Build backlinks – I’ll write a few guest posts and try to build backlinks.
Here’s how to get started with guest blogging.
“You can’t just ‘SEO’ your website and be done. It’s a forever moving goal post.” — Stoney deGeyter
SEO is an ever changing strategy. To get the most out of it you need to…
- Keep learning new things.
- Implementing those strategies.
Because, like you, search engines are also learning new things often. About their audience. So they are making changes often.
Mike Diggity (an SEO expert) suggests that you should update your homepage every month.
What should you do? Make changes often.
Here’s a process you should follow.
- Find good blogs to learn SEO – Find 2 to 3 quality blogs to learn SEO. Make sure they are updated regularly. You can start with my favorites (mentioned above.)
- Keep Learning – Learn SEO from them.
- Practice the strategies – Always, always practice the strategies that you learn. Otherwise, it’s a great way to waste time. Because if you don’t practice you won’t be able to analyze if the strategy worked.
To start learning SEO writing, follow my step by step guide.
“Don’t Build Links. Build Relationships.” — Rand Fishkin
Backlinks are one of the top three search engine factors. And there are still more than 200 of them.
So gaining backlinks is important.
But that doesn’t mean you go spamming bloggers’ emails to link to your blog. That’s going to hurt you in two ways.
- Annoy the bloggers.
- Gmail account blocked.
You would think, so what, I can make another Gmail account and there are many bloggers to send emails to!
No. Out of so many only a few are worthy of getting backlinks.
So you can’t just go sending emails and making them angry. And dupe your chances of getting backlinks.
That’s why you should build relationships with other bloggers first. And once they know you well enough, you can ask for backlinks.
Here’s how to build relationships.
- Find and follow them on Twitter (or other social media.)
- Interact with their posts.
- Share their posts.
- Talk to them and appreciate their work.
Trust me, you are more likely to get your guest post request accepted.
“The objective is not to “make your links appear natural”; the objective is that your links are natural.” – Matt Cutts
This is a very helpful tip for anchor texts and black hat SEO.
An anchor text is a text used on links.
Back in the golden days, optimizing anchor texts with the exact target keyword many times was a great strategy to boost your rankings.
Today, it’s a recipe for disaster.
Stuffing keywords is going to kill your reputation. So, what’s the best practice for anchor texts?
- First, find secondary keywords (LSI keywords.) Use tools like LSIGraph and Ubersuggest.
- Use them while building internal as well as external links.
Which leads us to links.
Back in those days, people used to buy backlinks or gain them from spam sites and rank higher. Trying to fool Google.
But soon (the smartest) Google noticed that and started penalizing those sites.
Today, if you want to build links then you must get them from a quality site. That means naturally legit websites.
So how do you build natural links?
- Make a list of high quality (based on DA, the higher the better) links you want to get links from.
- Get the email addresses of the editors.
- Send them your personalized request to let you guest post or link back.
“Content is anything that adds value to the reader’s life.” – Avinash Kaushik
This quote is the greatest modern SEO tip for anyone who is trying to learn it.
SEO is not for search engines, it may appear like but it’s not.
Content ranks only if it solves the problem of the reader. That is if it deserves to be.
So don’t make optimizing for search engines your priority. Instead, focus on writing for your readers.
Okay, but how to write for your readers? It’s pretty simple.
- Make it extremely detailed.
- Write like you are talking to a friend.
- Discuss their problems.
Optimizing for search engines is good but don’t overdo it. Because that way, you are never going to rank.
“Think about what a user is going to type.” – Matt Cutts
Again, winning SEO is all about consistently solving your readers’ problems.
You have to think about what they are struggling with and then find a solution and present it to them.
You will have to think about what they are looking for when they searched for this query.
That sounds like a task!
So how do you do it? Simple, by following these steps.
- Create a target reader persona. Follow this step by step actionable guide to get done with it. – This will help you focus on their problems only.
- Find out what they are talking about. Check your competitors’ blogs, their most popular blog posts (with the most comments) are great examples.
- Keyword research smartly to find out the most popular topics.
Once you have some great topics to write about, it’s time to write your content specifically for your target audience.
What Do You Think?
So, these were my favorite SEO quotes. Why I love them is because they are great tips for anyone who wants to get started.The Best SEO Quotes & Tips For New Bloggers To Start Learning SEO (2021) Click To Tweet
Which quote did you like the most?
Have you figured out your target audience persona? Or created a guest post strategy?
Or is there your favorite quote that I missed?
Either way, let me know in the comments below! Can’t wait to read them.
Save this pin.